Sometimes talking with our wives or girlfriends can be like navigating through a field loaded with dangerous landmines. Just one miscalculation can land you in the doghouse. Here are 15 things you should never say to your wife or girlfriend.
1. “Your mom looks hot in a bathing suit.”
Few men have ventured in this uncharted territory and returned to tell about it. Don’t ever tell her someone else looks ‘hot’… especially her mom.
2. “Can you pay for this? I forgot my wallet…”
Don’t be a cheapskate! Women like men who are confident and financially stable. Asking a woman to foot the bill is shameful and something a real man never does.
3. “Yes, that does make you look fat.”
Even if she does look fat, you’re better off lying or pleading the 5th.
4. “You’re acting like your mother.”
Talk about hitting 2 birds with one stone… Not only is this a slam on your woman, but it’s also taking a shot at her mother. This is territory you don’t want to be in.
5. “My ex always/never/used to…”
Don’t talk about the ex. Nobody cares, especially your wife or girlfriend.
6. “Do you love/like me?”
Statements like this are loaded with insecurity and are a HUGE turn off for women.
7. “Honey, What do you want to do/eat?”
Don’t ever ask a woman what she wants. This can be the most frustrating factor in relationships. Asking that deadly question of “what do you want to do tonight?” or “where do you want to eat?” leads to indecision and frustration. Just take control, be the man and make the plan.
8. “Is that what you’re going to wear?!”
If you’ve got issues with what she’s wearing, don’t insult her by bringing her taste or fashion sense into question. Simply tell her things that you do like.
9. “Pull my finger…”
Be a man, not a pig. Don’t make lude or rude comments, not to mention belching or flatulence around your sweetheart. Even after years of dating or marriage, this stuff can be a major turn off.
10. “Maybe you should go on a diet…”
First off… if you’re packing some extra cargo around yourself, you’re in no place to tell your woman that they need to cut back or lose weight. Keep making comments like these and you’re in the fast lane to the doghouse.
11. “She’s hot!” (When you see an attractive woman walk past)
If you really need an explanation for this… you’ve got bigger problems.
12. “It must be that time of the month eh?”
Let’s think this one through… if it really is “that time of the month”, the last thing you want to do is throw gasoline on the fire.
13. “This is the best vacuum you’re ever gonna have baby!”
Just watch this video and you’ll understand why this is never a good thing to say.
14. “What did you do?”
Not the best thing to say… especially when your wife just told you she’s pregnant. (Hint: You may have had something to do with it. If not, then you may have bigger problems.)
15. “I see you’re drinking 1%. Is that ’cause you think you’re fat? ‘Cause you’re not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.” See: Napolean Dynamite pick up lines video
There’s a lot of ways to compliment someone, but this is not one of them.
Please feel free to contribute by adding your suggestions in the comments section below.